- Download plain text file
- Download HTML file
- Download PDF file
- Download ODT file
- Download EPub file
- Download SST file
The DRM-free ebooks above are provided on a name-your-price basis. You can pay any time — before or after you download. As a guide, the average donation to date is $11.75; the smallest was $0.50, and the largest was $200.
Here are links to downloadable editions of the text of With a Little Help. These downloads are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-ShareAlike license, which lets you share it, remix it, and share your remixes, provided that you do so on a noncommercial basis.
I maintain the official file-formats using a piece of free software called SiSu from Ralph Amissah. SiSu is pretty clever: you use a very lightweight markup to put together a master file, and then you can run SiSu on it to convert that master file in PDFs, ODTs, Epubs, HTML, plain text, and so forth. It’s a little rough around the edges (I’d love to be able to tweak the layouts more), but having a single-source solution is vital to correcting typos — otherwise, every typo has to be corrected in multiple files.
For those that care, I use a stupid-simple shell script that invokes SiSu, renames its output files, and then uses scp to upload them to this server. So I fix the typo in the .sst file, run the script, and a few minutes later, the corrected files are all generated and uploaded. Hey-presto! Ralph was incredibly patient and nice about getting me set up with this, and I’m deeply grateful for it.
It’s kind of a tradition around here that my readers convert my ebooks to their favorite formats and send them to me here, and it’s one that I love! If you’ve converted these files to another format, send them to me and I’ll host them, but before you do, make sure you read the following:
- Only one conversion per format, first come, first serve. That means that if someone’s already converted the file to a Femellhebber 3000 document, that’s the one you’re going to find here. I just don’t know enough about esoteric readers to adjudicate disputes about what the ideal format is for your favorite device.
- Make sure include a link to the reader as well. When you send me an ebook file, make sure that you include a link to the website for the reader technology as well so that I can include it below.
- No DRM. The Creative Commons license prohibits sharing the file with “DRM” (sometimes called “copy-protection”) on it, and that’s fine by me. Don’t send me the book with DRM on it. If you’re converting to a format that has a DRM option, make sure it’s switched off.
- DSLibris edition — thanks to Michael Speth!
- Mobi edition — thanks to Ryan Bernacki!
- Plucker edition — thanks to Sean McGaughey!
- LRF edition — thanks to Sean McGaughey!
- DAISY edition — thanks to Claude Almansi!
- Djvu edition — thanks to Claude Almansi!
- AZW version — thanks to Ian Bone!
- FB2 version — thanks to Marcis Berzins!
Cory, I loved these stories so much that I have donated another $10 as a bonus.
Lowest payment to date, 0
Not going to pay for it, but hey, im homeless.
Just donated and downloaded. BTW, you’re an inspiration for when I’m writing about Creative Commons. Cheers!
A note all converters:
When the cover appears on a small screen the title is unreadable. Please use larger type. You can use the full page, there is no cover art to displace.