PSP – JPEG series

PSP/JPEGs -- Text converted to a collection of numbered JPEGs to load onto your Sony PSP. 21MB ZIP archive (Thanks to Sean Bell for preparing this file!)

9 Responses to “PSP – JPEG series”

1. Wayne says:

This file seems to be corrupt. WinZip cannot open it.

2. Weird -- works fine for me. Just confirmed it.

3. Wayne says:

I was able to pull it from my work PC, must be something screwy on my home system. Could you provide details as to how Sean did the conversion?

Thanks for the free read BTW!

4. jim says:

Nope, winzip gives errors. Same deal with Down and Out.

5. Anthony says:

Confirmed open with WinRAR, version 3.50 beta 2. No problems here.

(I rather like the inverted color scheme, BTW. Less harsh on the eyes.)

6. Nic says:

There's a problem with this: some of the images are duplicates and for each duplicate, a page is skipped.

Example pages: 102 and 103 are the same image, and the real page 103 is missing.

Also: 118 and 119, 189 and 190. I didn't look any further but I imagine this will recur throughout.

7. Jesse says:

There is an OSX app called pdf2psp that can convert pdfs to image files for transfer to a psp. http://pdf2psp.sourceforge.net/

8. willie says:

bah! just use this:

mkdir $1_book
    cd $1_book

# split pdf into individual pdf pages
    pdftk ../$1 burst

# convert each pdf to jpeg and rotate to landscape for psp
    for file in *pdf
    do
    convert -density 150x150 -trim -rotate 90 $file $file.jpeg
    rm -f $file
    done

# remove "pdf" from filenames
    for file in *jpeg
    do
    mv $file ${file%pdf.*}jpeg
    done

# remove pdftk's burst report
    rm -f doc_data.txt

9. Yom says:

Just a quick suggestion for the PSP owners with custom firmwares : install the Bookr app and you've got a perfect ebook reader supporting text and pdf files. I find that much more convenient than jpg files, but I understand that it's not an option for official firmware users.