Human Readable, Part 01

Here's the first installment of my reading of my story Human Readable, originally published in 2005's Future Washington anthology. It's the tale of a world that's been upended by hyper-efficient planning algorithms based on ant-colony optimizations, so that Los Angeles has the best traffic in the world. However, when these networks crash, they really crash -- cars, surfboards, and many other common conveyances end up catastrophically failing, with concomitant loss of life.

Part One MP3

7 Responses to “Human Readable, Part 01”

1. Boing Boing says:

Podcast of Cory's "Human Readable" begins

I've begun a podcast of my story Human Readable, originally published in 2005's Future Washington anthology. It's the tale of a world that's been upended by hyper-efficient planning algorithms based on ant-colony optimizations, so that Los Angeles has ...

2. Baron Boring says:

Fantastic - I loved it. Great work, looking forward to subsequent parts.

3. Wilco says:

I love it so far, I'm looking forward too to the next parts. Thanks!

4. Chuck says:

Yuck... it appears the Internet Archive has eaten those files. Instead of the MP3 you get a text stream reading "Error reading XML data".

5. Alcestis says:

I got the same message: "Error reading XML data." Hop on it.

6. Hank Roberts says:

The irony, the irony .... I have eyes, not an iPod.
    Well, I've put it on the list to hunt down on paper.

7. Alan says:

Hello. This file plays ultra slow and low on my creative mp3 player. Not sure why; might be the sample rate? The others are fine. I'm waitng for the sarcastic 'get yerself an ipod'. =^p LOVING your stories. You're my #1 SciFi writer. Thanks for the casts!