When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth, Part 06 — CONCLUSION

I've just posted the
conclusion to "When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth." Hope you found it satisfactory. I'll be back in the New Year with more podcasts -- have a great holiday!

8 Responses to “When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth, Part 06 — CONCLUSION”

1. john says:

I feel compelled to write bugs for some reason. Just like for some software that was being developed and this was the beta. For a story that seems un, un, ummmm, un-something.

I'll just finsih with a lightbulb joke to illustrate my point of why I'm not going to submit bugs:

How many software engineeres does it take to change a light bulb?
    None, it's a hardware problem.

How many writers does it take to change a light bulb?
    CHANGE! I'm not changing a D-A-M-N thing!!!!

2. Thanks a ton Cory!
    Great stuff as always!

3. K. D. Cline says:

Mr. Doctorow
    I waited until I had heard the entire story before deciding whether to comment or not. I have to say that I found your story captivating. I awatied each installment with the anticipation that I usually reserve for promised hardware upgrades or Christmas morning, and I was not disappointed.
    Thank you for a touching and evocative story, and for making them available as podcasts. I will be anxious until I see what you have up your sleeve for the new year.

Thanks again,

Kent

4. red says:

thanks for the story and for the visit in vienna. i hope you will come back some time and bring us new storys, books and good news from the drm-front along.

5. Neil Gorman says:

Hey Corey,

Great story! I really enjoyed each installment of it, and I'm looking forward to your next one.

I wanted to tell you that the audio on this last bit of the story was really good, if you can duplicate what ever recording method you used that would be cool.

Good luck getting over your cold, thanks for the great story, and take care.

-N

6. Mac Steve says:

Cory,

I was relieved to hear this ending, which leaves us hopeful despite all the miseries such an apocalypse entails.

Obviously we wish you to return to good health asap but your affected voice matched the mood of this final installment perfectly.

Glad you did this, have a wonderful christmas holiday and hope to see you in the new year.

7. Doug says:

Cory,

I just finished listening to When Sys-admins ruled the earth, from start to finish after following the link from boingboing

What a wonderful tale! Keep up the great work. Your stories are compelling and thought-provoking.

Thanks
    Doug,
    Phoenix AZ

8. dub says:

nice story, but is the itinerary of the days travels before and after really necessary? The summary at the end really took me out of the story without time to digest.