Hacker theatre troupe in Berlin to stage “When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth”

This is pretty cool: Berlin's C-base hackerspace has spawned a theatre troupe called C-atre. They've produced a theatrical adaptation of my short story "When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth" (from my collection Overclocked) and they're staging it later this month at Berlin's Transmediale festival.

9 Responses to “Hacker theatre troupe in Berlin to stage “When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth””

1. Jule says:

OMG-OMG-OMG! I'm SO going to be there! Awesome

2. Jule says:

OMG-OMG-OMG! I'm SO going to be there! Awesome!

3. Jule says:

And there's a typo: "C-atre" not "C-artre"... Still, it's an artsy typo^^

4. Cory Doctorow says:

Thank you!

5. Jule says:

You're welcome!

I went to c-base last night to find more about the theatre project. Unfortunately noone of that group was present, but one of the residents gave me a tour of the station. She really has everything you expect from a reconstructed orbit station: a 3D printer, a fully automated book scanner, an energy producing symbiont on the ceiling of the gentlemen's bathroom, etc. There are just two more things I learned about the play. It's improvisational and it's in German. I'll get back to you with a review in February.

6. macro says:

Hi Jule,
    cool that you visited the space station. the play is not improvisational, its completly scripted text and choreographed. We rehearsing it since september. Its partner event of the transmediale media art festival. Last year I played with my improv group called "Improbanden" 3 shows for the c-base transmediale partner event and are now in the play. May be that causes misunderstandings in the c-base crew.

7. Nomax says:

Cory, any chance to see you in our lovely Nerd City Berlin sometime soon? Club-Mate @cbase maybe? ;)
    Nomax

8. Cory Doctorow says:

I'm doing the closing (?) keynote at Re.Publica!

9. Jule says:

@macro: You guys were great! I loved especially the hysterically hitleresque Popovich and even more: Queen Kong! Looking forward to your upcoming projects!
    @Cory: Thanks for the info!