Cover for Homeland, the sequel to Little Brother

Click for the huge, full version

I recently turned in the manuscript for Homeland, the sequel to my 2008 YA novel Little Brother. Tor's going to be bringing it out next February, 2013. I've got two more books coming in the meantime: Rapture of the Nerds (with Charlie Stross) and Pirate Cinema (a YA novel). (All three will be CC licensed)

I am absolutely delighted with this cover -- a matched set with the cover for Little Brother!

Homeland

17 Responses to “Cover for Homeland, the sequel to Little Brother

1. Nick Johnson says:

Looks awesome! Are you going to be getting limited editions of these, too? I have a limited edition slipcased copy of Little Brother, which I'm very happy with; it'd be fantastic if I could get a matching one for the new novel.

2. Cory Doctorow says:

I hope so!

3. Michael Voss says:

Yes! Little Brother was what got me into Cory, can't wait to see this.

4. Angel Toribio says:

Little Brother kept me reading into 3am on a saturday night. i couldnt put it down. even after it was loaned to me i had to buy my own copy. gonna read it for the 4th time this christmas. thank you Mr. Doctorow, for this. i look forward to being one of those ppl who goes and waits in line to buy a copy on the first day.

5. Cory Doctorow says:

Thanks, Angel! BTW, the next YA novel -- which is in a similar vein to LITTLE BROTHER and HOMELAND -- is out in a couple weeks. It's called PIRATE CINEMA.

6. Tiedyeguy says:

Although and adult, I absolutely loved Little Brother. It's emphasis on critical outside the box thinking, healthy dissension against the ruling order, and real world consequences should make it mandatory reading for High Schoolers.

Keep up the great work, and I truly look forward to Homeland.

7. Cory Doctorow says:

Thank you!

8. [...] önemlisi edebiyatı. Yeni kitapları zaten yoldaydı ancak yakın zamanda bir sürpriz yaptı ve şahane bir kitabın yolda olduğunu duyurdu. Little Brother’ı çok sevmiştim ve bu anlamda bir devam öyküsü hep hayal ettiğim bir [...]

9. Daniel says:

Hey Cory...love your stuff. Wondering if Homeland is coming out in audiobook format?

10. Cory Doctorow says:

Alas, Random House didn't pick up Homeland. They'd always been good about allowing me to refuse to sell through Audible (because they have mandatory DRM), but Audible controls 90% of the market, and that's a lot of missed sales. I'm sure if Audible would allow publishers and writers to go DRM-free, that Random House would be happy to bring out more audio editions.

11. Joseph Z says:

I loved Little Brother. it was one of my favorite of Cory's books (though For the Win is pretty close, and the others aren't far behind). I just finished Homeland and it was a great follow-up. I think another sequel would be awesome, as would one to For the Win.

12. Cory Doctorow says:

Thank you, Joseph!

13. Gnak says:

Hey Cory. I am currently reading Little Brother for my College Class and I wanted to know how much Homeland is equal to Little Brother(i.e. Gadgets, Hacks, remarks to Internet Culture and such).
    I already read Little Brother a few times and loved it.I hope there will be more books from this Series.

Greetings from Oversea ;)

14. Cory Doctorow says:

I think you'll find plenty of common ground!

15. TM says:

Even though DRM is indeed disgusting... there's lots of Audible stuff on various pirate websites so while you wouldn't make money from that it'd at least be good to know that their DRM is somewhat pointless.

Anyway, why not crowdfund an audiobook? I have no clue how much money is needed to get a professional narrator (preferably the one who read Little Brother) read an audiobook but if a) such a narrator could do it without breaking some contracts and b) might do it for a lower amount of money (e.g. to support crowdfunding or "open" books) it might be a viable thing to try!
    If such an attempt was successful enough I guess you could even make the whole audiobook free after the initial crowdfunding (or as a stretch goal if enough people are willing to pay for it).

16. Jose says:

I would love to get the audiobook for Homeland, I bought the Hardcover just to have it but my free time is during transit (car, train, etc). No time at home, NO time at work.

The crowdfunding idea for the audiobook sounds great, count me in!

JQ

17. Cory Doctorow says:

I'm planning on doing one for a forthcoming Humble Audio Bundle, but it's gotta wait until that goes into production!